A Software Engineer is required for an aerospace, defence and energy software and systems specialist to work from their branch in Gloucestershire. It is vital that candidates have a knowledge of engineering software for Critical Safety Systems to aerospace standards.
Due to ongoing successful programmes of aerospace and defence projects a position exists for a Software Engineer in Gloucestershire.
As a Software Engineer your responsibilities will include:
- Developing software for safety critical embedded systems working on all development phases of the V-Cycle.
- Performing verification and validation testing in accordance with project schedules, processes and standards.
- Use of C/C++ and ADA programming languages.
- Developing software through the full life-cycle from requirement gathering to design, testing, documentation, implementation, integration and training.
The Software Engineer should have the following skills/experience:
- Degree qualified in a mathematics or computer science based subject.
- Experience in software development and validation in the aerospace industry.
- Good knowledge of safety critical SW standard DO-178 B/C.
- Experience in real-time operating systems, embedded systems and C/C++ or ADA programming languages.
Interviews for the Software Engineer will commence with immediate effect with a view to starting as soon as possible.