You will also drive root cause analysis and the on-going development of increased supplier capability whilst establishing quality standards for suppliers who are providing materials per specifications.
This role is home based and we are looking for candidates to cover one of the following locations:
South East England - Luton/Stansted
Midlands - Coventry/Birmingham
Scotland - Edinburgh/Glasgow
As a Supplier Quality Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Experience working in a supply chain organization - Preferred
- Previous experience as a supplier quality engineer or supplier developer within a technology company (ideally mechanical/aerospace) - Preferred
- Proven experience of driving root cause with Suppliers
- Proven background in Quality Assurance and thorough understanding of Quality tools and techniques
- Understanding of key aerospace Quality Standards such as AS/EN 9100 and NADCAP
- Good technical engineering knowledge and ability to read engineering drawings
- Supplier Relationship management
As a Supplier Quality Engineer your main responsibilities will involve:
- Manage supplier approval processes, identifying, certifying, and auditing suppliers,
- Drive supplier quality management in line with company control procedures, and relevant regulatory standards e.g., AS/EN 9100
- Drive prioritized supplier non-conformance management and root cause analysis
- Develop suppliers to more effectively support Cobham at lower costs over time
- Ensure Quality Assurance for new and existing suppliers including audits, source inspections, First Article Inspection sign-off and change control process management
- Ensure accurate flow down of Quality requirements to suppliers throughout Product Lifecycle
- Improve supplier Quality Metrics by driving improvement plans with suppliers
- Ensure best practice is adopted within the supply chain to ensure highest levels of product integrity
- Development of supplier capability via strategic and tactical improvement activities.
- Develops, applies, revises and maintains supplier quality standards.
- Visits supplier sites to observe quality systems and material manufacture processes.
- Analyses, tracks and reports discrepancies and corrective actions taken when vendor products are rejected/returned on receipt or fail post acceptance.
- Prepares documentation for inspection/testing procedures.
- Participates in First Article Inspections at suppliers
- Participates in Continuous Improvement Projects
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.