The Thermal Engineer will provide technical support to ongoing developments being assessed for implementation on Telecom satellites. Such developments may include new heat pipe technologies, new manufacturing processes, thermal coatings and insulation.
For certain developments the Thermal Engineer will be expected to drive and manage the day to day activities, co-coordinating with other design groups and liaising with Assembly, Integration and Test (AIT) and procurement as necessary to ensure the required targets are achieved.
The Thermal Engineer will independently complete and plan with supervision thermal analyses and test activities to demonstrate achievement of thermal control system requirements. He / she will also participate to high level trade-offs for New Telecom space segment products and variants and maybe expected to support recurring Propulsion thermal design and analysis activities including the validation of design and workmanship during spacecraft level thermal vacuum tests in Toulouse.
Previous experience/ Qualifications:
* Degree or equivalent in Physics, Engineering or similar related discipline
* Demonstrable relevant experience in Space or Aerospace
* Exposure to thermal analysis tools eg, ESATAN-TMA, MATLAB and Thermica or other similar systems
* Appreciation of thermal system, subsystem or equipment environment, design drivers, conversant with thermal analysis techniques, methods and principles.
* Fundamental knowledge and experience in the application of thermal analysis software tools and the management of simulation data.
* Good communication skills
* Knowledge of the E3000 Spacecraft architecture
* Work to specification with correct interpretation of thermal requirements.
* With proven understanding of thermal analysis principles and expected performance, complete and occasionally supervise others in analyses.
* Confirms (and at times supervises) the role and responsibilities of the thermal analysis function, standards of work and data management.
* As part of multidisciplinary team, ensure configuration / detailed design incorporates key features necessary to enable subsystem, design for manufacture, integration and required hardware re-use.
* Ensure thermal testing achieves hardware qualification or acceptance, and quantify effectiveness of analysis and any prior correlation.
* Monitor identified thermal testing, complete post-test assessment and correlation activities.
* The authoring and at times checking of clear and concise thermal analysis reporting, demonstrating the understanding of thermal behaviours and compliance.
* Technical presentation of analysis and test results, observations and conclusions to experts and at formal reviews.
* Prepares and maintains plans, work package descriptions, schedules and risks as to ensure tasks / activities are completed on time, on quality and on cost.
* Representing thermal analysis function considering major part of the product development life cycle, justifies product design and / or achievement of test objectives.
* Presentation of analysis results, observations and conclusions to peers and managers.