Description du poste
Founded in 2017, Airbus UpNext is actively shaping the future of aerospace by using flying demonstrators to evaluate, mature and validate new products and services.
Designed as a talent incubator, Airbus UpNext is a place where you can act and think like a startup while building on the strong expertise of Airbus, a place where you are empowered to challenge and test new processes and ways of working.
Our mission is:
- To identify the trends that could disrupt the future of the aerospace industry and evaluate them to demonstrate their potential as a viable product.
- To accelerate traditional research cycles and prototype development to achieve proof of concept in a real environment and at a convincing scale and speed.
- To develop real-world applications for emerging aerospace technologies, there by driving their maturity and increasing their value.
- To be THE reference for Technology Value Assessment
Our Values: #Keep it Simple #Act as one Team #Be Audacious
Our DNA: #Speed of Execution, #Bold Experimentation, #Outward Looking
As an R&T prototyping mechanical designer (m/f), you will be part of the team in charge of developing an ambitious, futuristic and disruptive project on an advanced superconducting and cryogenic experimental powertrain in order to support a hybrid/full electric propulsion system. It will be composed of a superconducting DC network with protections, a cryogenic motor drive, a superconducting electric motor and a cryogenic system.
You are passionate about aeronautics, sciences and technologies, have a strong technical background, like to make by yourself and test breakthrough technologies on concrete demonstrations. You like difficult challenges and are the type of person who thinks about ?how things can be done? rather than ?if they can be done?.
You will be part of an ambitious but flexible project execution with a diverse technical team, with partners from the worldwide industry and academia, start-ups in a dynamic and emulating environment.
You work collaboratively, with humility and are a constant learner about how to improve your knowledge and the performance of yourself.
As R&T prototyping mechanical engineer, you will be a key actor of the team in charge of converting challenging conceptual designs into prototypes. You will be in charge of the designing, prototyping, integrating and testing of components of the superconducting & cryogenic powertrain in close cooperation with the ASCEND experts and external partners. You will be focused on fast prototyping of cryogenic & vacuum technologies, distribution components, electric motors, integration of power electronics and others. You will be responsible for:
- Proposing innovative conceptual design, in collaboration with team and external partners
- Evaluating best lightweight materials and designs applied to aerospace requirements
- Developping detailed design
- Manufacturing components (using internal means like 3d printers, fast prototyping lab or external suppliers)
- Integrating and testing prototypes in partial laboratory and on the cryo/superconducting powertrain test bench close to Munich
- Evaluating performances and potential of prototypes for propulsive application
- Identifying partners and developing partnerships
- Driving industrial and academic partners.
Your boarding pass:
As the successful candidate you will be able to demonstrate some or all of the following skills and competencies:
- Strong background in mechanical engineering and have a relevant degree
- Proven experience in executing end-to-end projects in design (CAD, FEM), prototyping to integration of highly specialized mechanical components and systems
- Experience in multidisciplinary technical activities (electrical, mechanical, thermal) from technology, design to prototyping and laboratory testing
- Experience and strong desire to build and test prototypes
- Experience in superconductivity, cryogenic, electrical engineering, aeronautic would be appreciate
- Well-built professional network within their domain of expertise, including academics, industrial players, consultants, entrepreneurs
- Demonstrated ability to reason rigorously about technology or business models at varying levels of abstraction.
- Highly motivated and fast understanding of new topics.
- Autonomy, Adaptability, Availability, Accountability
- Hands-on and solution oriented attitude
- Passionate about technology, on prototyping, science
- Delivering results under a tight schedule
- Sharing the values of transparency, courage, humility, empathy
- Willing to have fun.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.