Description du poste
A vacancy for an AOCS/GNC Architect (m/f) has arisen within Airbus Defence & Space in Toulouse. You will join AOCS/GNC and Flight Dynamics Department in charge of delivering AOCS/GNC products and services/solutions to internal end external customers.
You will be accountable for ensuring AOCS/GNC development activities for a very broad range of exciting missions (Sciences, Earth Observation, Telecom and Navigation) such as Juice, MSR-ERO, Eurostar Neo, Onesat, One Web.
You will be expected to guide, review and approve AOCS/GNC design and analyses and software development activities through the full engineering lifecycle from initial concept design through to support to validation, producing the associated documentation.
This position will require a security clearance or will require being eligible for clearance by the recognized authorities.
Tasks & accountabilities
As a key member of the system engineering team, your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Contribute to the optimisation of the overall system by capturing the needs of other sub-systems and proposing the adequate AOCS-level solutions for the other disciplines,
- Define and manage the AOCS/GNC System Requirements and Assumptions along the full Development lifecycle,
- Interface with customer, systems engineering team, project management and subcontractors,
- Define risks and risk mitigation strategies,
- Support the Procurement of the AOCS/GNC sensors & actuators, checking / approving performance analyses and supporting the Software and System Validation & Verification,
- Analyse the Functional Verification test results and assess if the AOCS/GNC verification is achieved,
- Support the Software Architect during the Software reviews on items related to AOCS/GNC,
- Control budget, schedule and quality of AOCS/GNC deliverables,
This role will involve some travel for business worldwide and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
You will have the following skills and experience:
- Educated to Engineering degree level (or equivalent) in space engineering,
- Qualifications in dynamics and control engineering content,
- Skills and experience in systems engineering including Hardware (sensors and actuators) know-how, control engineering and project management,
- Minimum 5 years of experience in AOCS/GNC development in Space industry,
- Experiences in Mathematical modelling, Matlab and Simulink, Computer simulations are desirable,
- Qualifications in electrical and/or mechanical content would be a plus,
- Proven leadership skills,
- Ability to interact efficiently within a team environment,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills,
- Language skills: negotiation level English.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.