A new position for a Flight Warning System Designer (m/f) has arisen within Airbus in Toulouse. You will join the Flight Warning Team in Airbus Toulouse.
You want to be involved in the design of Cockpit for the Airbus fleet?
You are looking for a position providing a large view of Aircraft systems?
Just join our team!
We have an open position which allows you to follow the whole V cycle of the Flight Warning System (FWS).
The jobholder will join the Cockpit System Department, who is in charge of the definition, development and support of key critical functions of all Airbus programs cockpits.
- Cockpit Displays, Warning and Controls which provide to the crew with a user friendly Human Machine Interface
- Cockpit Layout, Seats, Windshield, Windows, Cockpit Lights, which provide to the crew safe and adapted operability to his environment.
Within the FWS team, you will be fully responsible to design Function for the FWS and to implement solutions for existing and new Aircraft:
In definition phase the candidate will be closely in interface with many other A/C Systems teams, with the Cockpit Operation team, with the Human Factor team, with Pilots and with Flight Test Engineers, with Program and Support teams.
You will be responsible of the specifications, and of the full development including Verification and Validation activities.
You will monitor Suppliers activities as well as activities performed with the Airbus Flight Test center until the implementation and the certification of the System.
After entry into service, you will also be responsible for further developments, and support the product to ensure its good in-service behavior.
You will collaborate with many others teams due to the amount of interfaces which characterizes our systems: this requires flexibility, ability to work in a team, outstanding Technical rigor, and good Project management capabilities.
The main activities and roles include:
- Contribute to the functional requirements definition (eg FRD) at upstream level
- Define the alerting needs and logics in collaboration with design offices, pilots, human factors and safety teams
- Deliver the System Interfaces Documents (SID) in coordination with the interfaced functions or systems
- Deliver the detailed specification to the supplier
- Drive the development process (supplier reviews, tests (Lab and Aircraft), certification), and by providing the relevant set of data and documents in collaboration with Subcontractors.
- Support the safety and in service analysis
You will have the following skills and experience:
- Good communication and agility
- Team spirit
- Willingness to learn
- Interest in technical analysis
- Knowledge in Aircraft Systems and System Engineering
- Project Management
- Work in a multi interface environment with transversal links
- Have a positive change mindset regarding news topics (innovation) and new methodologies (Scrum, Data Analytics...)
- Language skills : negotiation level of English