- Entreprise : Kennametal
- Localisation : Toulouse - France - France
- Fonction : Senior Applications Engineer
- Type de contrat : Contrat à durée indéterminée (CDI)
- Date de publication : 21-06-2018
Description du poste
At the forefront of advanced materials innovation for more than 75 years, Kennametal Inc. is a global industrial technology leader delivering productivity to customers through materials science, tooling and wear-resistant solutions. Customers across aerospace, earthworks, energy, general engineering and transportation turn to Kennametal to help them manufacture with precision and efficiency. Every day approximately 11,000 employees are helping customers in more than 60 countries stay competitive. Kennametal generated nearly $2.1 billion in revenues in fiscal 2017. Learn more at www.kennametal.com
An excellent opportunity has become available to join Widia as a Senior Applications Engineer. The successful candidate will be responsible for generating new business for Widia’s portfolio of tooling solutions, and products that are highly regarded as providing one of the most comprehensive product ranges available in industry.
Working with our valued customers and driving our success, you will represent some of the industry’s most diverse and in-demand products. From indexable tooling, solid carbide tools, to tooling systems and tool management equipment. We offer our customers a broad portfolio for any metal working application.
This position supports the local distributor sales force with technical tooling and all product application solutions. A Senior Applications Engineer serves as a valuable resource and a leader within the sales territory. This position is more mature in experience and expertise, as well as toughly knowledgeable in the metal cutting industry; as such, the incumbent is expected to carry larger customer accounts, take on large strategic projects, as a trainer/mentor for less experienced team members, and step up as interim leader when necessary.
Base Location: Toulouse, Nantes or Bordeaux - Based remotely covering France
- Develop technical solutions
- Improve end-users’ efficiency by identifying, developing & realizing technical & applications solutions at their place to grow sales & replace competition
- Execute diligent conversion tests vs competition at end-users
- Build strong relationships with production related functions (e.g. machine operator, production manager, …)
- Train direct & indirect customers & internal team concerning products & applications
- Ensure introduction & conversion of new products & solutions
- Produce accurate Technical Performance Reports & share experience
- Understand, analyze & address ALL different production factors (CNC machines, CADCAM & machining strategy, tool-holders & cutting tools) to be able to leverage improvement potential
- Team-up with other product- & application specialists
- Link to global product marketing concerning product performance, characteristics, competition, …
- Link to global Target account management process
- Report visits, projects, activities, opportunities and achievements in CRM
- Actively report market information and needs to supervisor, marketing and the different supporting functions
of the company.
- Work closely with the local distribution sales force to identify new sales opportunities and promote WIDIA products in the assigned geographical area.
- Promote products and services in order to achieve assigned sales goal; favorably influence the product selection in targeted accounts
· A recognized qualification in Mechanical/Manufacturing Engineering.
· 8+ years of experience within the metal cutting or precision tooling industry.
· 5+ years of experience as Applications Engineer
· Experience dealing with Aerospace customers
· Good Knowledge in Round tools and indexable milling
· Good understanding of contracts and previous experience leading commercial negotiations.
· An In-depth understanding of the manufacturing industry and concepts associated with WIDIA Products.
· An innovative and self-motivated individual whom is able to work independently with little supervision.
· Proficiency with MS Office in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
· Excellent command of the English language.
- Date de début : ASAP
- Durée : undefined
- Expérience requise : 5 à 10 ans d'expérience
- Salaire :
- Référence : AEROCONTACT-192349721
- Secteur d'activité : Bureau d'études, R&D, CAO
Offres d'emploi aéronautique similaires à Senior Applications Engineer