Stone Fasteners can trace its origins back to 1831 when founder, Josiah Stone, set up his business on the Thames in south-east London to Manufacture copper nails for the shipbuilding industry nearby in Greenwich.
The product range expanded to include rivets and other engineering supplies. These products were displayed at the International Exhibition in London in 1862. As the aerospace industry developed during the early 1900's, the focus of the business moved towards manufacturing rivets to supply the needs of this rapidly growing industry.
Today Stone fasteners new plant is established in Charlton, south-east London, close to the Thames Barrier, and this plant continues to produce aerospace rivets.