Overview: Supplier Quality is responsible for process and product quality assurance on their assigned programmes and suppliers, ensuring that the requirements of corporate policies are met in our supply chain, and that suppliers meet our quality needs. The role involves working with existing and new suppliers addressing quality issues, including quality assessments, root cause analysis of non-conformances, supporting buy offs at customer sites, on-boarding of new suppliers through new supplier assessments and first article inspections.
Core duties will involve, but not be limited to:
- Supporting, monitoring and auditing new and existing suppliers
- Assessing new suppliers\' capabilities and onboarding new suppliers
- Establishing regular communication with suppliers (email / telecom / visits)
- Monitoring supplier product quality and raising non-conformances
- Carrying out Root Cause Analysis on supplier NCRs
- Visiting supplier premises to support product buy-offs or quality investigations
- Carrying out quality audits on first articles to ensure compliance against specifications
- Carrying out quality audits on suppliers to ensure compliance against standards
- Maintaining supplier performance dashboards and metrics
- Working with suppliers to improve their on-time delivery and quality levels
- Producing and updating process documentation (guides, local work instructions)
- Ensuring that the supply chain follows company processes and corporate policy
Essential skills and experience:
- Ability to work within a programme team
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to lead by example to ensure that we deliver a high quality product every time
- Willingness to work flexible hours to support the programme if required
- Ability to work away from home to support short duration trips (1 - 5 days typically)
- Some experience of production, quality or an engineering discipline
- Qualifications in engineering, sciences, manufacturing, production or quality
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.