We have a requirement for an Auditor to assess the risk in various manufacturing processes.
Primary responsibilities are to execute audits of, training for and technical assistance to production and development Operators. Responsibilities also include the audit of production and development processes, and the support of Lean initiatives.
- Perform audits in accordance with the Process as a means to determine process effectiveness; operator and technician competency; and the ability of the operator to produce conforming parts to gain maintain authority to inspect their own work.
- Sample inspect parts during audits using inspection techniques and layouts of varying complexity.
- Provide assistance to production management and operators to ensure workmanship standards are met.
- Support analytical and statistical applications by assisting production employees involved in control charting activities and identifying potential sources of variation.
- Proficiency in the use and understanding of measuring and test equipment.
- Report issues and improvement opportunities to responsible Engineers and Management
- Possess a through operational knowledge along with knowledge in the use and assessment of test equipment, tooling, gaging, special processing, workmanship standards and procedures throughout all production areas.
- Be familiar with all Quality Control techniques and requirements throughout all production areas.
- Possess planning and organizational skills and be able to communicate and articulate issues and improvements with Engineering & Management.
- Awareness of analytical, sampling and statistical tools, and knowledge of their application in a production environment is mandatory.
- Perform a wide variety of Quality Control tasks throughout the production system (Development, Machining, Assembly & Test, and Material Management), tasks include product inspection and the verification of Operator\'s adherence to drawings, instructions, procedures, product testing requirements and special process parameters.
- Knowledge and use of statistical techniques and sampling plans, as well as, building close working relationship with Quality, Methods, and Product Engineering is critical to play an active role in resolving design, process, and measurement issues
- Observe the activities of authorized operators and sample inspects their results as a means to ensure parts and/or assemblies are manufactured to specifications
- Verify that work instructions and engineering procedures are In performing the Audit function adequate and adhered to and that gaging requirements and techniques are appropriate for the operation.
- Strong interpersonal skills and self-motivation are required to effectively perform audits and motivate personnel to perform to the high expectations of the workmanship standards.