The successful candidate will be there to manage the provision of programme controls and scheduling services by creating, developing and managing a team responsible for Project Planning, Risk & Opportunity Management, Earned Value Management and Budget Control to enable delivery to cost, time & quality commitments and to report, forecast & support decision making.
The individual must provide robust Project Controls expertise to support Business Area Exec, Programme Management and Cost Account Managers.
The role is part of the functional Programme Controls Leadership team and acts as a reviewer for Gates, Estimate at Completion, Execution Readiness Assessments and Programme Independent Audits.
- Provide Line Management to Project Controls Staff by assigning priorities, validating results, providing guidance, managing professional development, undertaking goal setting & PD activities.
- Building/maintaining & reporting on detailed Schedules providing guidance to team in line with Scheduling best practice.
- Ensure adequate Programme Controls & scheduling capacity by recruiting skilled and effective personnel.
- Effective management and development of Scheduling & Controls staff to provide high quality Schedule & performance information.
- Act as the primary interface for Program Controls strategy & services, developing strong relationships with key stakeholders.
- Perform Schedule reviews in support of the ERA & Gate 5 process.
- Represent Project Controls in EAC reviews to ensure consistent & controlled reporting of information.
- Ensure functional and programme goals, objectives and strategy are communicated to staff and motivate to perform and deliver to requirements.
- Ensure regular and effective reporting on the status of schedules, issues investment and execution to the Business Sector Exec.
- Act as primary interface for Scheduling support to business Workload forecasting objectives.
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise and guidance to Project Controls team including on-boarding and upskilling of new staff.
- Act as a senior member of the Programme Controls Leadership Team to lead and support functional initiatives.
- For designated programmes act as the programme Project Controller.
- Expert knowledge of Ms Project & other Microsoft Office applications (Excel. Word, PowerPoint).
- Experience of working as a Subject Matter Expert in a Project Controls environment.
- Proactive Team builder who can motivate and lead by example with diverse project teams & stakeholders.
- Advanced knowledge of best practice Earned Value Management (EVM).
- Knowledge of Risk & Opportunity Management Processes.
- Ability to support and guide Programme Managers and their Teams.
- Ability to support, guide and influence project teams to ensure programmes are set up in accordance with company practices and processes.
- Commercial and Business awareness in a complex projects environment.
- Relevant professional qualifications.
- Eligible for or Holder of current SC security clearance.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.