Our Wimborne, Dorset based client are looking for a Systems Integration Engineering Senior Manager who will report to the Senior Director for Weapons Carriage & Release, leading a team of 10-12 direct reports (Project & Systems Engineers). To lead the WC&R Engineering team, providing technical direction and decision making in support of project delivery. You will manage internal and external resources to successfully deliver multiple projects and ensure project compliance with internal processes, regulatory and legislative requirements. Developing staff competency and team capability and supporting the aims of other departments will also be key to your role. The role is highly customer facing and you will be a technical lead supporting product sales alongside our Business Development & Key Accounts team. This aerospace client is the worlds leading supplier of critical control solutions, helping their customers to increase the safety and mission capabilities of their personnel and equipment in extreme environments.
· Ensure the establishment of clear requirements baselines for all products prior to commencement of design
· Provide technical leadership to ensure creativity, objective concept generation, technical excellence and structured problem solving
· Manage estimation of resource requirements, their procurement and deployment
· Ensure that projects are delivered in accordance with LCM, SOF-E and other internal processes
· Support the F&M Engineering Director in the improvement of efficiency and the development of capability through the use of new tools and processes
· Proven background as a Mechanical Systems Engineer within Aerospace and developed into a leadership role.
· NPI (new product) design & development experience in the context of Aerospace Mechanical Systems
· Experience of engaging and working with Military Aerospace customers in the context of Aerospace Mechanical Systems.
· Mechanical Systems aerospace experience working on products for fast jet. Weapons Carriage & Release experience would be highly desirable.
· Experience of leading a large engineering team
· Demonstrated understanding of the operation and maintenance of military aircraft, ideally fast jets and trainer aircraft
As a global leader delivering mission-critical technology, our client trusts their employees to draw on ingenuity and passion, leading to an empowering culture. Their Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring. If youre based near or are interested in relocating to beautiful Wimborne, Dorset and are a leader from a mechanical systems engineer background, please apply for more details.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.