Initial calibration, routine calibration and maintenance of test and measurement equipment. Role is specifically suited for a candidate with previous Metrology experience. Formal technical Engineering/Craft Apprenticeship is required, alongside at least 5 years relevant experience in a calibration & maintenance environment with previous hands on knowledge of metrology tools and equipment.
- Ensure that both factory and proprietary test and measuring equipment is maintained in line with current procedures
- Carry out calibration and repair tasks in accordance with departmental processes and procedures
- Maintain calibration test records and update databases
- Check and complete all paperwork associated with C&M tasks in line with the Department procedures
- Maintain to the highest level, workmanship standards and quality standards
- Ensure compliance with all associated procedures applicable to the Department
Role requirements (skills, training and qualifications)
- Formal technical Engineering/Craft Apprenticeship to NVQ Level 3/TR23/TR21
- 5 years relevant experience in calibration & maintenance environment, ideally engineering/aerospace but industries such as large-scale manufacturing/production will suffice
- Previous experience and hands on familiarity with metrology and all associated tools and equipment is essential
- A team player who is able to demonstrate customer focus
- flexible and adaptable
- Manual handling training
- proven planning and organising skills
- ESD training.