Description of the job :
Are you passionate about aircrafts engineering and do you want to develop multi competences?
Do you want to get hands on experience of the newest technologies?
Do you want to be part of the engineering activities for the next generation of aircraft?
Are you also convinced that we can challenge the way we work and propose new ideas?
Then you could be the right candidate for our challenges
Two vacancies for an Electrical Systems Installation Designer (m/f) have arisen within Airbus Commercial Aircraft.
You will join the Nose & Center Fuselage (NCF) and Flight Test Instrumentation (FTI) engineering teams and be part of an integrated team having the global view on electrical systems definition and installation.
Within our team, you will have the opportunity to work on, amongst other things: Methods & Tools improvements, Design to Cost, Manufacturing and In-Service support.
More particularly, you will join first a truly multi-program fuselage engineering organization (no silo organization at team level, ability to work on all the sections we design
We have a broad spectrum of business missions, some of them unique in fuselage engineering, creating outstanding opportunities to learn and grow:
• Development activities
• Serial activities with plants and customer services
• Specific engineering jobs such as retrofit campaigns and tear-downs, military systems installation and certified FTI installation.
• Cabin refurbishing new way of working to prepare our future.
• Innovate and participate to the Airbus digitalization through new ways of working and new tools.
The department is engaged in a transformation journey towards individual and team empowerment, collectively selecting transparency, recognition, customer satisfaction, trust and team spirit as our core values.
The emergence of new technologies in data science and Artificial Intelligence is transforming aircraft design and use. Your willingness to bring and concretize digital transformation (data modeling and /or simulation for design and manufacturing) applications to our company would make you a perfect match.
Task & accountabilities :
Integrated in the electrical department, you will be focused on Electrical System Installation activities, for the definition of the Head Of Version customization and standard modifications.
ESXWE has set up two main ways of working: a Reference Team, with an internal end to end responsibility of the definition, and a process including electrical subcontracting for definition & manufacturing of the harnesses.
You will participate to both ways of working, with a personal responsibility on harnesses and equipment design, and as a leader for subcontracted activities follow-up on all A/C programs.
For the Reference Team function, the activity will be to perform the complete Design on dedicated harnesses/equipment. For this activity an experience on CATIA design is requested.
For the Leader function, the activity will be to lead technically the Electrical Installation (Harnesses/Equipments) on a complete A/C or perimeter in Time, Cost and Quality by managing the subcontracted activities: from Architecture support to Mod closure through TRS, Fix Brackets requests, 3D design, 2D design, DQN answer.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
• You will deliver drawings to manufacturing and documentation department.
• You will interact with Risk Sharing Partner and subcontractor.
• You will ensure compliance of your work to relevant Electrical Requirements, in connection with cabin, structure and other systems.
• You will have the opportunity to develop autonomy, expertise in electrical system installation, extend your professional network (plants, chief engineer, program, maintainability, procurement, ...) and acquire legal certification: TAP (Technical APprover), CVE (Compliance Verification Engineer), airframe technical advisor.
• You will travel occasionally to Plants or Design Offices, 3 to 4 times a year (France, Germany, Spain, England). You will support MAP team and Manufacturing Engineering team during the integration that you follow.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.