The role requires technical leadership and skills across PCB Design, Analogue Electronics Design and Circuit Layout, as well as experience of managing a team.
The opportunity sits in a team working on process instrumentation for the precision measurement industry for a range of different domains and on an impressive array of low power products.
- Monitor all aspects of the department performance and improve efficiency
- Allocate resources from within the Engineering team to ensure that projects are completed according to plan. Engineering resources may be located overseas as well as on-site in Slough
- Work with product managers to specify and prioritise development projects leading to the timely introduction of new products in line with the company\'s new product road map.
- Generate technical specifications for new products and produce project plans, including time-scales and development costs up to the point of production handover.
- Assist with the budget and resource level planning, and optimise the team structure
- Manage engineering team members so that their potential is fully utilised and developed. This will entail objective setting, performance reviews & feedback and coaching, ensuring adequate training is received by staff to facilitate this.
- Provide a technical support service to Operations and Marketing. Examples include assisting with the management of component obsolescence, supplier selection and the optimisation of assembly and test processes, ensuring that engineering requirements are met.
- Physical science or Engineering degree, or equivalent relevant experience
- Experience managing/ leading a team in an Electronics Engineering environment
- Experience leading teams in new product development, on time, to cost and to specification
- Full Design Lifecycle experience
If you would like to know more about the position, please get in touch.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.