Our Wimborne, Dorset based aerospace client are looking for a Development Engineering Senior Director - Systems Engineering & Design Verification. Essentially a Systems Engineering Director with experience of leading Design Verification lifecycle. You would have 5/6 direct reports and oversee a total of around 70 staff. This site specialises in Air-to-Air Refuelling, Weapons Carriage and Release System applications
- Project Management and use of partners to support - bringing on external work packages to drive projects to completion.
- Project examples - KC46 product design, integration to Aircraft & flight testing design verification.
- Similar management experience expected in prior roles.
- Depth of product design, test and development experience in Aerospace. Extensive use of V model in Systems Engineering.
- Good Project Management Understanding and use of partners to support - IE bringing on external work packages to drive projects to completion.
- Andy Horsfall, VP Engineering, comes from the Apprenticeship background (worked way up through the ranks in terms of experience and education - degree completed through employment etc). Likes people that have been hands on in their past, recent 1st line now VP Andy Harris is a similar background and this tends to work well culturally. Not a deal breaker but an important cultural note.
- Some of the projects they will be immediately heavily involved in - KC46 product design, integration to Aircraft & flight testing design verification.
- Previous hands-on experience an advantage
When submitting an application please copy/paste the below questions with your answers to the front of your CV/on your cover
- What products have you taken through lifecycle and secured acceptance for Airborne Use (2-3 year lifecycle)?
- People/ Tool Processes: What Team size have you managed and how you have used external service providers/consultants (eg. Work packages through consultant providers) to support Programs?
- What improvement processes have you put in place?
As a global leader delivering mission-critical technology, our client trusts their employees to draw on ingenuity and passion, leading to an empowering culture. Their Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring. If you\'re based near or are interested in relocating to beautiful Wimborne, Dorset and are a Development Engineering Senior Director - Systems Engineering & Design Verification, please apply for more details.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.