Environmental Health & Safety Manager
Mission & Role Function:
- Multi-site EHS Leadership role sitting within the functional management teams within Doncasters Deritend Droitwich and Insource, Blaenavon.
- Ensure that the Company\'s EHS effort enhances business performance and support the long-term interests of the Company
- Position is responsible for coordinating and implementing the Company\'s commitment to provide a safe and healthy working environment for all employees as well as the support of all HSE Management System activities.
- Plan, organised, implement and monitor, review, report and champion the company\'s safety, health and Environmental requirements as outlines in the Group EHS Policy. This is achieved through the formulation and constant evaluation of policies, programs and standard practices and through effective lines of communication with all levels of the organization in an effort to continually improve performance at the affected plants.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of relevant and constantly changing HSE legislation and quality system standards through association and participation with professional agencies and groups
- Lead the effort to improve the EHS short and long term vision, objectives and targets for the company and in alignment with Doncasters Group EHS requirements
- Continue to leverage senior level commitment and support for integrating EHS development into the core operating, capital and decision making process
- Lead the formulation of the Company\'s long-term EHS sustainability vision, mission and operating principles and the development of EHS strategy to support continued improvement
- Offer expertise and provide leadership support for initiatives to reduce site raw materials consumption and waste generation and minimization
- Assess the organisation\'s current EHS performance, identify and prioritise the organisation\'s key EHS issues. Measure and monitor the progress against EHS performance standards, strategies, objectives, performance targets and report these to relevant parties in a timely manner
- Ensure that the EHS management systems are maintained, supported, reviewed and aligned to the requirements for ISO 14001 and BS EN (OHSAS)
- Formulate action plans with defined objectives , targets and responsibilities to support agreed upon EHS strategies
- Ensure appropriate that appropriate risk assessments, controls and measurements are established in support local, division and Group EHS efforts
- Serve as the internal leader and "go to" expert for EHS, monitoring, emerging trends
- Facilitate internal and external communications and visibility of EHS issues; Create and implement communications strategies to publicise the sites EHS effort and promote broad awareness of EHS initiatives, both internally and externally
- Lead the interface with applicable government agencies relating to the site\'s specific to EHS matters.
Job Requirements :
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent communication skills, written, verbal and presentation skills
- Proven project management skills
- Lead Auditor experience
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Ability to interact in a professional manner at all levels with managers, employees, regulators, external assessors and customers
- 5 years in and EHS Management role
- 5 years plus manufacturing experience preferably in Foundry\'s or heavy manufacturing
- Exhibits sound judgement and professionalism in all aspects of the position
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and assess priorities effectively
Interaction with others:
- Works closely with Site Managers, operational and/or functional management personnel and employees
- Consistently exhibit EHS values in all interactions with associates
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent
- IOSH Membership
- Recognised Environmental Management professional qualification e.g. CEnv, MIEA
- Professional competence
- Commitment and engagement
- Communications and cooperation
- Internal customer management
- Performance and result management
- People Management
- Decisiveness and adaptability
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.