The purpose of this role is to act as Design Authority for hardware design for electronics products designed for mass production. Key responsibilities will include:
- Developing technical domain and product knowledge
- Provide architectural and strategic input to and advice as required to help the development of the product and ensure solutions meet future product requirements
- Work collaboratively with Product Management and other stakeholders to establish and agree high level needs and priorities for product hardware platforms
- Plan work collaboratively with the whole Engineering team to ensure that dependencies and planning commitments are understood and observed
- Carry out the hardware design, prototyping and validation activities associated with Agile product development
- Regularly prototype, integrate and demonstrate hardware platforms as part of "system demos"
- Ensure on-going change control, testability and manufacturability of hardware designs
Previous experience of Product Design is key, ideally within Cryptographics / Information Security / Cyber Security domains.
- Experience of design for manufacture, test and support
- Good understanding of Engineering standards and processes
- Ideally, experience of design and implementation of hardware architectures for security products
PLEASE NOTE: Occasional travel to their Cambridge site will be a requirement of this role (maybe once a fortnight).