The Mechanical Project Engineer will be primarily responsible for the design engineering, supply, installation, test and commissioning of these engine test facility systems and equipment. The position requires a strong mechanical engineering background, flexibility in performing multiple tasks and close interaction with clients, project managers, and other engineering and drafting personnel.
- To design and develop new system hardware as required, considering existing proven designs and products, the results of engineering analysis, engineering principles, product safety and industry best practices for a range of mechanical systems including fuel and oil, compressed air, water cooling and electro-mechanical systems.
- To develop cost estimates for design and engineering labour hours, outside engineering and other services, costs of special tooling and testing and the costs of supply and manufacture of all engine test equipment to be furnished by the company.
- Coordinate with outside subcontractor engineering firms within the specific engineering disciplines to review submitted designs, and/or vendor (and sub-vendor) product information data sheets. Discuss/recommend findings, concerns and opinions to the Engineering Manager and Project Managers as appropriate/applicable.
- Develop written plans and manuals for the installation, testing, commissioning, operation and sustainment of engine test equipment and related ground support equipment based on the review of furnished design details and project plans and specifications.
- Based on materials estimates, produced by the Project Manager or Sales Manager, to assist in the preparation of bills of material for purchase of equipment, supplies, and services. Review plans and specifications and assist Purchasing Manager in qualifying products and vendors.
- Attend project review meetings, both on-site and off-site, as required in support of design, manufacture, supply, installation and commissioning activities.
- Assist the Project Managers as required to prepare statements of work, purchase descriptions for subcontractors and vendors and assist as required to prepare bills of material for bought-out items
- Support the installation and commissioning of new hardware at client\'s location, in coordination with VLI/VLE technicians or client personnel. May require the use of hand tools and of man-lifts / ladders to access equipment. Perform field inspections of existing client facilities and equipment in order to develop designs for new or modified products
- Ensure all relevant safety objectives and legal requirements are observed for all work completed
- Assist with In-Service Support contracts for calibration, maintenance, repairs, modifications and general technical support.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
* A Bachelor\'s Degree in Mechanical Engineering (or similar related degree). Professional Engineering (PE) qualification is encouraged but not required. This position will require that the Employee be eligible for UK security clearance.
* Ability to develop, analyse and interpret technical documents such as manufacturing and fabrication drawings, P&IDs as well as developing drawings to BS 8888
* Understanding of fundamental fluid mechanics and thermodynamics
* Quality Assurance experience for working to ISO9001:2015
* Requires strong interpersonal and organisational skills and is a confident communicator in English
* Must be able to analyse and interpret complex technical documents and capable of applying sound judgment to all required decisions and follow company processes and procedures as they apply to the tasks at hand. Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks and to obtain cooperation of others in submitting required documentation and reports in a complete and timely manner.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.