Our client are looking for an experienced Design Engineer / Principal Design Engineer to oversee day-to-day activities for a small design team. This role comes with an opportunity to become a Functional Team Lead within a Mechanical Design Office in 18 months to 2 years\' time.
- You will carry out Lead Designer activities for Spacecraft Structure design tasks.
- You will oversee day to day activities for a small team of Design Engineers ensuring all customer requirements are supported.
The successful candidate will need to gain UK Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Responsibility for the control, correctness, accuracy and relevance of all drawings, models, Digital Mock Up (DMU), bills of materials and Engineering Change Notes as related to the configured items for allocated project(s) to cost and schedule.
- Ensuring all outputs from the Mechanical Design Office (MDO) are correct to the project requirements as stated by the core team (generally the Responsible Engineer) All the project Design Office outputs must be checked, signed and stamped by the lead design engineer to the checklists and CATIA procedures.
- Authorising design signatory for manufacturing drawings, BoM\'s and ECO\'s related to the allocated project.
- Responsibility for the estimation and planning of DO related activities and manpower requirements to meet those tasks. Allocation of manpower is sought through the Team Leader.
- Supervising and mentoring of other DO design engineers working on the project.
- Providing support to other general DO activities, e.g. Process improvements, bids etc.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Degree or equivalent in an Engineering discipline with working background the Aerospace industry.
- Excellent working knowledge and experience of CATIA V5.
- Strong Engineering & technical background including working knowledge of GD&T (Geometrical Dimensioning and Tolerancing) and DFM (Design for Manufacturing).
- Practical understanding of Design solution.
- Experience of VPM/3DCOM - Windchill BOM Management.
Desirable skills / experience are of interest, but NOT essential as training / support will be provided.
- Experience managing a small team.
- Experience managing work packages, dealing with budgets and headcount requirements.
- Experience of CATIA V6.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.