The successful candidate will be qualified to a minimum of HND/HNC level and have experience in process control and improvement in a related industry.
The principal function of the role will be to ensure that all processes introduced to the site have the capability to deliver product to the correct quality levels at the desired output rates. The successful candidate will also be responsible for providing ongoing technical support to the Operations and Quality functions to ensure that mature processes maintain their designed parameters. Key to the role is the requirement to ensure that new developments in processes are researched, assessed for suitability and that recommendations for change and enhancements are communicated to the site.
Responsibilities and duties include:
- Conduct structured reviews of process effectiveness
- Research and development of new processes
- Preparation of technical projects with cost justifications to develop and introduce new processes
- Act as a point of contact for internal departments for process engineering issues
- Act as a lead in problem solving activities
- Liaise with part engineers to reduce scrap.
- Ensure customer technical process requirements are satisfied
- Lead improvement initiatives in manufacturing process
- Reduce manufacturing costs
- Reduce non value added waste
- Promote best working practices
- Liaise with relevant departments to ensure that processes meet part and customer needs
- Lead Plant Equipment Improvement activities including major CAPEX projects
- Understand and fully comply with all site rules and procedures
Skills and Attributes:
- Full working knowledge of techniques such as:-
- Capable of using CAD to produce part drawings and workplace schemes
- Full working knowledge of MS Office
- Able to design and complete capability studies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Self motivated.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- High level of understanding of Key Process Control Measures such as Cp and Cpk
- Demonstrated understanding of Lean Manufacturing Techniques
- HND/ HNC in Mechanical Engineering, Material Science or Foundry Technology
- 3 years\' experience in Process control and improvement in a related industry
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering, Material Science or Foundry Technology
- Apprenticeship in Mechanical or Foundry technology
Key Performance Measures:
- OEE improvements
- Process capability level establishment and ongoing compliance
- Scrap and rework level reduction or elimination
- Year on year process cost reduction
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.