Programme Manager - Worcestershire
Our client, a leading manufacturer of niche defence products, requires a Programme Manager to generate, maintain and delivery of project plans.
Key Responsibilities of the Programme Manager:
- Defining, generating and executing project plans
- Product introduction from initial concept into production at agreed target production rates and costs
- Coordinating resource planning with other business functions
- Coordinating project financial forecasting.
- Improving project value and project margin through the proactive management of project risks
- Project reporting, both internally and to customers
- Performance appraisals of team members
- Developing effective working relationships with the customer
- Addressing ongoing management issues
Key Skills and Requirements for the Programme Manager:
- Previous experience of planning, managing and delivering multiple projects, including production, development of technology projects involving small to medium batch manufacturing.
- Experience of bidding processes in order to secure future orders
- Engineering and/or project management background
- Degree-qualified or equivalent experience.
- Excellent commercial and financial understanding is required.
- Knowledge and experience of Project Management software tools such as Primavera or Microsoft Project
- Some overseas travel may be required
- Knowledge of defence and aerospace applications would be an advantage.
- Experience of effective risk management and mitigation