Purpose of the Job:
To ensure compliance to product and process specifications; to lead the resolution of Quality Issues relating to non-conformances using 8d methodology; to support continuous improvement activities to implement new systems and processes which are aligned with the overall quality and business strategy; and to lead Advanced Quality Planning teams.
- Lead 8d investigation through to the 8thd
- Drive the NPI utilising APQP
- Create plans for Internal PPAP
- Creation of Control plans
- Support Manufacturing team to ensure products and processes comply with the relevant requirements of product specification and quality management system.
- Monitor and report process stability and capability by analysing production data.
- Analyse non-conformances and implement required corrective and preventative actions using relevant quality tools.
- Promote a Quality culture via training and visual management tools.
- Develop process audit schemes site-wide to drive adherence to Quality Processes.
- Support KPI reporting for Quality and across the business.
- Support development of metrology equipment and measuring techniques as required to support QC Laboratory efficiency.
- Supplier development
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Experience in Advance Quality Planning
- Must have sound understanding of the 8d process and tools used to help establish root cause (Ishikawa, Red X, …)
- Possess a track record of achievement within the realms of Quality Engineering
- Ideally degree qualified or HNC with additional experience in engineering or manufacturing discipline
- Fully conversant with engineering and quality principles (including but not limited to SPC, Gauge R&R, DoE, sampling plans, NPI)
- Familiar with range of measuring and inspection equipment and can interpret engineering drawings and specifications
- Excellent computer skills (including but not limited to Windows, Office, MS Access/SQL)
- Good ISO9001/TS16949 quality systems knowledge
- Strong statistical knowledge with advanced use of statistical software such as Minitab and practical use of statistical process control
- Development of suppliers
- Work accurately with attention to detail, set an example of and promote Quality Culture through the business.
- "Hands on" experience in shop floor and/or Quality Laboratory environment.
- Confident with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Work independently and proactively.
- Be a good team player with a willingness to be flexible and adaptable.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.