- Company : Capital International Staffing
- Localisation : Dorset - UK - South West England
- Position : Senior Mechanical Engineer - materials science, radiation, FEA
- Type of Contract : Permanent contract
- Date of publication : 2017-11-14
Senior Mechanical Engineer - materials science, high purity metals, radiation, FEA, nuclear
A great opportunity has arisen with an established leader in specialist I&C systems for the worldwide nuclear industry, from design through to decommissioning.
As a Senior Mechanical Engineer in the team, you would lead the delivery of mechanical solutions and act as a focal point for winning new business based on these.
Key responsibilities include:
* The role holder\'s key responsibilities are safety and quality.
* To display innovation and passion; leading stakeholders and engineers to develop excellent solutions to difficult problems within a mechanical design and manufacturing environment.
* Contribute to full product lifecycle strategies, for product creation, maintenance / operation and retirement.
* Development and maintenance of engineering and leadership skills and capabilities in more junior engineers, through mentoring, training and other measures as appropriate.
* Ensure that systems, tools and processes are developed to ensure that they remain fit for purpose.
Qualifications and Skills required:
* Minimum BSc in Mechanical Engineering (or relevant degree).
* Strong experience in the civil or military nuclear industry, UK and US mandatory (others nations desirable), oil and gas or other relevant industry.
* Materials science (high purity metals, nickel alloys, steels, etc.) and knowledge of radiation and other aging effects over lifetime.
* Design Office environment experience.
* Manufacturing and assembly experience.
* Related engineering disciplines appreciation (e.g. electronics, R&D).
* Systems integration experience.
* Business development and commercial strategy experience.
* Key principles of requirements management.
* Ability to work in international project environment.
* Extensive library of design and drawing tools.
* Finite element analysis
* Computational fluid dynamics experience
* Application of ASME coding within a nuclear environment.
* Experience working within an NQA-1 controlled supply chain.
Please note that due to the nature of the project, the successful candidate must be capable of attaining SC clearance as a minimum.
If this position sounds of interest, please feel free to contact us for a chat about your work situation and the full details of the opportunity.
Capital International Staffing Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
- Start date : ASAP or January 2018
- Term :
- Experience Required : More than 10 years
- Salary : £1 per annum + Excellent salary/package
- References : DAL/19497_1510642814
- Activity area : Aerospace Engineering
Aviation and Aerospace Jobs similar to Senior Mechanical Engineer - materials science, radiation, FEA