You will be working within the development team to design satellite communications equipment for both defence and commercial markets. The role is for a senior engineer to take ownership of the specification, modelling and simulation of RF modems.
- Development and maintenance of software defined radio products.
- Support development, integration and validation of FPGA SoC solutions.
- Design RF modems using processing blocks.
- Use modelling and simulation tools to define, test and refine specifications.
- Produce or validate simulations for the modems.
- Support or carry out modem development in VHDL or software; troubleshoot development issues.
- Modelling and simulation of digital signal processing systems in RF modems.
- Familiarity with radio communication air interface specifications.
- Specification of RF modems.
- Development of modems in software defined radio solutions.
- Understanding of tools such as MATLAB/Simulink to perform simulation-based validation of algorithm design.
Experience in the following is desirable:
- System design and development of FPGA System on a Chip (SoC) architecture definition
- Xilinx Design Tools, C/C++, Windows and Linux environments.
- Analogue Devices
- Programming of DSPs in relation to modems.
Due to the nature of work, you must be eligible for UK security clearance.
If you\'re interested in hearing more, please get in touch:
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.