Please apply on line for this vacancy using your eRecruiting profile with your CV attached.
Description of the job :
A position of Spacecraft Operations Engineer is open within Airbus Defence & Space in Toulouse. You will join the Functional Avionics (FA) Engineering and Lead department .
Functional Avionics (FA) engineering and development encompasses several complementary technical disciplines, spread on different TES departments ,to develop, validate and operate the on-board SW of our satellites:
- On-board SW engineering and development (SW running on on-board computer),
- AOCS engineering and development (Attitude and Orbit Control System),
- Operations (Ops) engineering and development (using Flight Operations Procedures, FOPs),
- FDIR engineering and implementation (Failure Detection, Isolation and Recovery),
- Database engineering (gathering functional and electrical data in a reference repository),
- Simulators engineering and development, supporting SW, Ops and AIT validation,
- Functional Validation (FV) engineering, through both numerical and HW-in-the-loop tests.
The department is responsible for driving the FA development of all satellites and spacecrafts under development in Toulouse, for all Airbus Defence & Space markets (Science, Earth Observation, Telecom, Orbital). It is also directly in charge of Spacecraft & System Operations engineering, Functional Validation, Database engineering and FDIR engineering.
As Spacecraft Operations Engineer of a given satellite or satellite family (product approach), you will be responsible for defining Operations and Command-Control management design solutions in support to the Spacecraft Operations Architect.
Task & accountabilities :
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Participating in the definition and implementation of the spacecraft operational architecture, command/control LEOP, routine activities definition,
- Adapting and developing nominal and contingency flight operational procedures (FOP) with MOIS or ASLAN tool,
- Managing FOP validation (in ASLAN or ELISA or TCL) on numerical simulator SYSTF and related validation report delivery,
- Participating in the Spacecraft SSUM (Space Segment User Manual) development and deliveries according to SW versions,
- Participating in project technical and progress meetings.
Business travels can be expected and consequently, you must be willing to travel accordingly.