Morson International are currently recruiting for a Supply Chain Specialist to be based at Wattisham, Ipswich, United Kingdom.
The purpose of UK Rotor Craft Support (RCS) Supply Chain Management is to ensure effective delivery of goods and services to support the success of programmes as defined through the strategy. The Supply Chain Team (SCT) has responsibility for forecasting, proposal management and contract change; component maintenance, repair, overhaul (MRO); inventory maintenance; procurement and supplier management; and warehouse storage and parts distribution. Within this successful unit we are currently looking to recruit a Supply Chain Planning Specialist.
Scope of the Role:
- Coordinates the development of routine logistical procedures by using established processes and communicating with functional organisations to resolve logistical challenges in the customer\'s environment.
- Develops relationships with immediate customers and their senior leadership by communicating and understanding their needs, expectations, and requirements, soliciting customer feedback, and taking action to ensure customer satisfaction with the company\'s products.
- Provides assistance with the interpretation of technical documents by communicating with the customer\'s supply and transportation personnel to ensure the intent and disposition of the documentation is understood and followed.
- Documents field site activities by preparing and transmitting reports to provide status of product/customer issues and developments.
- Maintains established field office by performing administrative functions. Performs business activities by using established company/field service policies and procedures to support field service business processes.
- Provides specialised on-the-job training to the supply personnel by explaining theory of supply and logistics databases, shipping and handling procedures, and the use of automated supply tracking systems.
- Supports compliance of company and customer safety processes/procedures (e.g. hazardous materials, packing and handling and storage) by identifying and reporting safety concerns to preclude personal injury or unexpected hardware damage.
- Develops and provides solutions to a wide variety of complex logistical problems without assistance.
- Efficiently prioritize all tasks and work queues to best support the programme.
- Attend/host internal meetings as necessary.
MOD Supply Chain experience;
Advanced Microsoft Suite Skills;
Problem Solving Skill Set inclusive of process analysis
Collaborative Team Working Approach; and Advanced Communication Skills
Other Job Related Information
Experience Level: Individual Contributor
Job Type: Full-time
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Problem Solving: Solves routine problems of limited scope and complexity following established policies and procedures.
Discretion: Follows directions for routine work with close supervision. Receives detailed instructions for specific assignments.
Impact: Contributes to the completion of task-related activities. Errors typically do not have a major effect on the organization.
Liaison: Interacts primarily with immediate supervisor and other personnel within the group.
If you would like to be considered for this vacancy, please apply directly.