A Systems Engineer is required within a leading Telecommunications and Satellite and Space Systems Technology Company. The successful Systems Engineer will join a specialised team in this sector and will report to the Communications Systems Manager.
The Systems Engineer will be involved in the Equipment Design and Development, the Systems Engineer will undertake communications systems engineering tasks to support the Company's operational and design objectives respectively. The Systems Engineer will undertake the design, implementation of radio systems and sub-systems and integrate/validate key elements of satellite/space communication systems.
The Skill Set and Responsibilities for the Systems Engineer
- Knowledge of communications systems, including RF and digital communications
- Knowledge of Communications Systems Engineering and software toolsets
- Preparation of operations and technical documentation
- Participation in relevant operations and procurement (when necessary) reviews and meetings
- Provide technical consultancy and make technical representations internally and externally
- Coordination and planning for system-wide operations
- Design and implementation of control systems to monitor and enhance operational efficiency
- Development of specifications for operational needs
- Procurement of adequate design and analysis toolkits for modelling and simulation
- Maintain awareness of technology trends and assist in the development of new products
Requirements for the Systems Engineer
- A good Honours degree (2:1) in a relevant subject (Electronics, Physics or Engineering).
- Ability to gain UK Security Clearance
- Experience in satellite communications systems engineering
Knowledge of the aerospace industry including RF systems design, and digital communications
- Strong practical knowledge of systems engineering practices and strict standards
- Experience developing systems documentation, test plans and procedures
- Practical experience in the commissioning and testing of satellite
- Programming/software engineering skills with knowledge of MATLAB, Visual Basic, and Java
- Satellite ground segment system engineering experience will be considered as an advantage
- A good business awareness and acumen