I am currently working with a niche provider of systems engineering, project management and product development services that work across a number of different sectors including R&D, space, defence and civil.
They are recruiting for a systems engineer with a broad knowledge of the project life-cycle, with excellent communication skills and the ability to deal with existing clients and leverage their business network to assist in identifying new customers.
System Engineer Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- System engineering throughout the project including requirements capture, analysis, verification and management, trade-off studies, parametric modelling, concept development and down-selection and interface management.
- Present engineering reports and findings to stakeholders and project teams from both internal and external organisations.
- Creation and maintenance of Interface Control Documents.
- Support engineering reviews including SRR, PDR and CDR.
- Generating and peer reviewing of Engineering Reports/Design Documentation.
Systems Engineer - Skills and Qualifications - Essential
- Educated to minimum MSc level in a Physics, Engineering or closely related field.
- Demonstrable systems engineering in a science, space or aerospace related field, this may be mechanical, electrical or electronics / software.
- Significant expertise in the use of SysML
- Requirement management using DOORS, Rhapsody or similar software within a complex engineering project.
- Superb communication skills with the ability to work collaboratively with multiple project inputs.
- Willingness to travel nationally and internationally.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced mission critical environment
Systems Engineer - Skills and Qualifications - Desirable
- Knowledge of RF and radio systems or astronomy instruments.
- Experience of working with R&D or managing academic staff.
- Knowledge of signal and data transport systems and synchronisation and timing systems.
- Membership of a recognised national/international engineering institute.