- Company : Alliance Consulting
- Localisation : Hertfordshire, Royston - Midlands de l'Est, Royaume-Uni
- Position : Test and Development Engineer (Electronics)
- Type of Contract : Permanent contract
- Date of publication : 2018-08-20
We are a successful high technology machinery manufacturer in Hertfordshire whose products are sold globally. Due to growth, we are now looking for a Test and Development Engineer to work with our new product introduction team. This role will involve identifying customer problems by replicating the fault and working closely together with the software and hardware design teams during product development and product enhancements providing input and analysis. We invite applications from candidates with qualifications in Electronics/Electrical Engineering along with knowledge and experience of I.T networking of electro mechanical machinery. This role could well suit a service engineer with the above skill set looking for a static office based role.
Test and Development Engineer
- Replicate customer problems to identify faults. Analyse and document results.
- Liaise with various departments to help resolve issues on the machines.
- Gain in depth knowledge of the operation of our machines in order to assist with product development, continuous improvement, customer quotations, applications testing and analysis, and field issues.
- Support the Software and Hardware development processes by acting as the end user and feeding back if requirements are understood.
- Support other functions with detailed technical input on new bids and during new platform development projects.
- Support Production team with development of Software and Hardware related SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures)
- Performance testing of software / hardware and product handling / reject systems and creation of associated data reference matrices.
- Assist in software/hardware issue resolution
- Provide strong interface to Service, Quality, & Production teams to relay new knowledge gained.
- Provide system set-up training on complex systems.
- Provide input to development projects based on lessons learned in field issues.
- Support the Technical Author with input to new User and Technical Documentation
When applying for this role, please indicate your current salary (plus benefits package), minimum salary required, notice period and your reasons for wishing to move from your current company. Alliance Consulting is acting as an employment agency in this respect. Alliance Consulting specialise in the placement of engineers throughout the UK. By sending us your CV you are explicitly consenting to our processing of your personal data on a computer database and/or in manual files for the purpose of evaluating your application for employment. This processing will be carried out in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 1998. By applying for this role you hereby consent to us submitting your CV to our client. If you do not wish your CV to be sent to our client then you must clearly state this to us. Equally, if there are any companies that you do not wish your CV to be sent to (for whatever reason), then please let us know of this when you apply.
Electronics, Test, FAT, Electrical, Customer, equipment, PCB, SMT, Hardware, Software, PLC
- Start date : ASAP
- Term : Permanent
- Experience Required : 5 to 10 years
- Salary : £35000 - £38000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus
- References : DH886672_1534760108
- Activity area : Aerospace Engineering
Aviation and Aerospace Jobs similar to Test and Development Engineer (Electronics)