An excellent opportunity has arisen working for a prestigious aviation Company based in Gloucester. This is a contract position, and will be for a minimum of 6 months - with the potential to be extended.
The requirement is for a Test Project Manager to join the team, where you will be able to add value to business critical programmes and projects. In order to successfully complete the needs of the project, the successful candidate will need to have previous experience of test rig management or test rig overhaul. Aviation experience is preferred, however other similar engineering/manufacturing industries will be considered.
Please see below for a general overview of duties and responsibilities, and if the role is of interest, please feel free to apply. The successful candidate will be required to undertake a baseline clearance (criminal record check and 5 year reference check, which takes around 2-3 weeks). Once completed an immediate start will be available.
· Work closely with Development Test Manager and Test Engineer
· Integrate with other Digital Propulsion Work Package Leads on testing activities
· Test rigs
o Support "test strategy of the future" sessions
o Compare existing test rigs against future requirements
o Identify gaps
o Determine rig upgrades / new rig requirements
o Liaise with design team on rig modifications / new rigs
o Work with EHS on rig improvements
o Work with sourcing, suppliers and dev test to cost rig modifications / new rigs
· Explore fast track options for internal test process
· Arrange for test specimens to be made compliantly to the specification we define
o Physical specimen preparation
o Documentation trail
· Ensure correct test rig configuration
· Identify/agree the right test requirements
o Hold Preliminary Test Reviews and Critical Test Reviews
o Follow the development / qualification testing procedure
· Manage test suppliers, ensuring
o they understand requirements
o the output is what we need
o test rigs are calibrated
o they are ready for test
· Ensure appropriate test instrumentation is available and installed
· Coordinate with Dev Test team on test priorities
· Ensure tests are carried out in a timely manner
· Monitor test progress and completion
· Obtain and analyze test results
o Approve data from test houses
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.