Our Client, a world leader in the manufacture of engineering defence equipment, is looking to recruit a apprenticeship trained skilled Mechanical Fitter to join their state-of-the-art facility in Bolton.
Suitable candidates MUST have either a recognised technical engineering or craft apprenticeship to NVQ Level 3, or formal further education certificate to HNC or equivalent level.
The Mechanical Fitter will be responsible for carrying out manufacturing and test tasks within the mechanical department, in accordance with product certification procedures, defined workmanship standards, allocated budgets and timescales to meet project objectives.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Be fully conversant with all equipment, tools and measuring instruments associated with the manufacturing cycle
- Certify the product in line with the product certification procedure
- Maintain product certification and approval via regular audits
- Possess a versatile skill base with the capability to apply these skills across a range of tasks
- Ensure manufacturing build times are met
- Check and complete all paperwork associated with the manufacturing data pack
- Maintain to the highest level, workmanship standards and product quality
- Ensure compliance with all associated procedures applicable to the manufacturing process
- Maintain a safe working environment
- Maintain a good housekeeping policy
- Communicate best practice to other team members
Candidate skillset / Qualifications:
- Technical engineering/craft apprenticeship to NVQ Level 3/TR23/TR21
- Formal further education certificate to HNC or equivalent certificate
- Previous Fitter experience (within a manufacturing / mechanical / aircraft setting)
- Proven planning and organising skills and be flexible and adaptable
- Manual handling training
- Lifting & Slinging training (Including overhead cranes)
- ESD training